Always have a good breakfast!
There are many different opinions about breakfast when we want to lose weight.
Some say it is better to fast. Some others say having a smoothie is more than enough. Others encourage us to have a very light breakfast.
To me, the opinion that makes the most sense is the one that advises always to have a big good breakfast that includes: protein, carbs and fat, together with fruit, fresh greens and vegetables.
We have to remember that our bodies need everything to function adequately. Our cell walls and brain cells are mostly built of fat, so we need fat to keep them healthy and connecting among them. We need protein to build muscle, and we need carbs to get enough energy throughout the day without getting tired.
Having a good breakfast ensures we will feel satiated and we will have all the energy we need during the day. We will also have enough time to burn the fat and carbs as energy, and we won’t be that hungry for our other two meals hence eating less.
Let’s recall this old wise saying:
“Breakfast as king, eat like a prince, and dinner as a beggar.”
So, let’s start our day with a delicious, big, balanced breakfast that will get us in a good mood helping us to lose weight at the same time!
Here are some ideas for a high-protein intake during breakfast. Remeber to include some fruit, fresh greens, vegetables, and coffee or green tea, to give your body all it needs to burn fat.
1. Toast with avocado and smoked salmon. Salmon is rich in Omega 3, which will help us burn fat. See the entrances: Burn fat eating fat, Avocado = Guacamole and Avocado Benefits.
Substituting the salmon with a fried egg is also a good choice.
2. Cup of cottage cheese with a berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, …), topped with almonds and ground cinnamon.
3. Banana pancakes with berries: In the blender mix one banana, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup instant oatmeal, 1/2 tsp. baking powder. Use ghee instead of butter to cook the pancakes. Top them with fresh berries and kiwi. Serve with bee honey or homemade marmalade.
4. Tomato Bread
5. Breadcrumb Tortilla
6. Baked avocado and egg. Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and some of the avocado pulp, too. This will leave enough room for the egg. Add some salt and prpper to taste. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Bake it at 425º for 15 minutes or more if you prefer your egg well done. Top it with a crispy turkey bacon slice.
7. Two cheese and ham quesadillas, prepared with corn tortillas and lettuce, tomato and avocado salad on the side. You can also add some hot sauce.
8. Portobello Sandwich. Use Portobello instead of bread for a sandwich. Salt and pepper two Portobello mushroom caps, “toast” them in a non-stick pan and fill them with your choice of ham and cheese, egg, crispy turkey bacon, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and so on.
9. Scramble eggs with baby spinach. In a non-stick pan add 1 tsp. of olive oil or coconut oil, add chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, and chopped green chile (serrano chile). In a small bowl, beat eggs with chopped spinach, salt and pepper. Pour them in the pan. Cook to taste.
Use your imagination to prepare different eggs with a variety of vegetables like bell pepper, potatoes, zucchini, and so on.
10. Tomato and avocado salad with Parmesan cheese.
11. Cup of Greek yoghurt with your choice of grilled vegetables or fresh fruit topped with almonds or nuts or homemade granola.
12. Fried or scrambled eggs with nopal salad. Prepare the nopal salad with fresh tomatoes and avocado cut into cubes, sliced onion, chopped cilantro and green chile. Salt and pepper.
13. Grilled baby nopal and Panela cheese.
I am Love … I am Succes!!!
One Comment Add yours