Hi! Everybody. A New Year has started! It is exciting to know we have a whole year ahead to fulfil our projects and plans. We are here to help each other love ourselves hence be healthy, strong and stay fit so we can be happy and enjoy life.
We have been relaxing and making ourselves more beautiful to finish last year and start the New one. Now it is time to resume our nutrition plan to achieve or maintain our ideal weight. And we all know exercise is a relevant factor of such a plan because it will help us to tone and strengthen our bodies, as well as to eliminate toxins and burn fat.
Remember that ratio: 80/20
Yoga is a magnificent option to start working out, in fact, Harvard Medical School strongly recommends yoga to tone our body and improve our strength, balance, flexibility, and health!
See the next entry for more information about yoga.
A piece of advice, there are many different yoga styles, look for the one that is right for you according to your age, lifestyle, capabilities and likes. And always start practising yoga with a professional teacher or class to avoid any kind of injuries.
Here are a breathing technique and yoga move to get you started.
Release tension with Abdominal Breathing
Abdominal breathing is a basic yoga breath that all beginners should start with. This technique gets you to breathe deeply to create abdominal movement.
1. To start, lie on your back with one or both hands on your abdomen.
2. Breathe slowly and deeply, drawing air into the lowest part of your lungs so your hand rises.
3. Once you can do this breath lying down, you can give it a try while sitting or standing.
Try this technique while you practice a posture, during meditation, or any time you want to relax or calm down.
Ease into Yoga
Here’s a standard stretch that you’ll link with your breath for a more mindful practice.
1. Starting position: Sit or stand with your feet slightly apart; arms relaxed at sides.
2. Movement: As you exhale, slowly lower your chin toward your chest so you feel a gentle stretch in the back of your neck. As you inhale, raise your head backwards, looking up to the ceiling. Go only as far as comfortable, feeling a gentle stretch in the front of your neck. That’s one rep. Do 3 reps.
3. Where you’ll feel it: Back and front of the neck.
Note: If you are elderly, have any neck problems, or have high blood pressure, check with your doctor before doing this move.
I am Love … I am Success!
Remember that loving ourselves means taking care, pamper and enjoy our health and our bodies; looking good and feeling good to please ourselves in the very first place and to please others. The book I am Love … I am Success will take you through that path of loving yourselves.