The Amazing Healing Power of Yoga!
Tone and strengthen your body while you lower blood pressure … ease back pain … reduce the risk of heart disease … and improve your memory practising YOGA!
In today’s 24/7 world with shocking news bombarding us, electronic devices beeping for attention, and an inbox full of emails that need an immediate reply, it’s no wonder distress levels are at an all-time high. In fact, research shows that 90% of all doctor visits are linked to distress-related problems. But, good news, yoga can be a perfect remedy. It’s one form of exercise that helps relieve distress while improving strength, balance, flexibility, and overall health.
In one of their latest publications, Harvard Medical School recommended Yoga as a strong weapon to defeat several ailments.
According to some of their medical researchers, yoga strengthens our bodies, helps to develop balance and flexibility, and boosts our health!
Yoga can do more than just strengthen and tone our body. Recent research shows it can have a powerful effect on our health, making it a perfect remedy for everything from heart disease to high blood pressure to anxiety and depression, so nowadays millions of people are giving it a try.
You may already be familiar with some yoga moves such as downward dog and mountain pose, but yoga is more than that. It’s a total mind-body workout that includes: postures, breathing practices, deep relaxation, and meditation that helps transform our health in dozens of ways Moreover, it is a total lifestyle which even includes having a healthy diet and a peaceful mind full of gratitude and love.
Harvard Medical School experts consider:
1. Yoga works across multiple systems in our body at one time.
2. Helps improve balance, flexibility, strength, and coordination.
3. Lowers the need for diabetes medications by as much as 40%.
4. Revs up our immunity by raising levels of disease-fighting antioxidants in our body.
5. Switches on genes that promote health working even if we’re beginners.
6. Reduces depression, chronic pain, and even improve Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms.
7. Lowers our risk of falling and help us regain our balance if we stumble.
8. Can help reduce our risk of heart disease.
9. Yoga may be the perfect way to relieve migraines and fight osteoporosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or fibromyalgia.
10. It is an amazing way to undo the harmful effects of distress since yoga has relaxing breathing techniques we can practice anywhere so we can stay calm and release tension.
11. Dramatically eases lower back pain and even alleviates arthritis pain.
12. That’s not all. One study showed how yoga increased the flexibility of blood vessels by 69% and even helped to shrink blockages in arteries without the use of medications!
13. Plus, the meditation component of yoga may even help to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and fight age-related declines in memory.
14. In fact, yoga does so much for our health that studies show people who do yoga use 43% fewer medical services, and they save anywhere from $640 to more than $25,000 U.S. dollars! (These numbers are in the U.S.A.)
So, how about giving yoga a try and see how it can help our health?
A piece of advice, there are many different yoga styles, look for the one that is right for you according to your age, lifestyle, capabilities and likes. And always start practising yoga with a professional teacher or class to avoid any kind of injuries.
For a nice yoga routine see the entrance: https://iamloveandsuccesscristinaaguilera.com/2018/03/13/step-nine-week-nine-to-losing-weight/
Based on information from Harvard Health Publishing,
Harvard Medical School
I am Love … I am Success!
Remember that loving ourselves means taking care, pamper and enjoy our health and our bodies; looking good and feeling good to please ourselves in the very first place and to please others. The book I am Love … I am Success takes you through the path of the love for ourselves!