FOODS THAT WILL HELP YOU BUILD MUSCLE
1. WHOLE EGGS. Protein builds muscle and eggs contain 6 to 8 grams per piece.
2. CHICKEN BREAST. 100 grs. chicken breast = 30 grs. protein.
3. WATER. Hydration is very important in building muscle. Muscle tissue is about 75% water. Hydration will help build strength, increase energy levels and aid in proper digestion. How much? Go for 0.6 ounces of water per pound of body weight. Mineral water is also a wonderful choice. (See the entrance Mineral Water)
4. FISH OIL. Omega 3 has anti-inflammatory benefits that allow your body to recover faster from intense work out.
5. GRASS-FED BEEF. It is also high in Omega 3 fatty acids and in good unsaturated fats. It is loaded with 400 percent vitamin A and E as well.
6. TURKEY. It is packed with protein, vitamins and minerals such as selenium.
7. QUINOA. It is a great carbohydrate source. A 100-gram serving = 14 grs. protein along with essential aminoacids.
8. STEEL-CUT OATS. Oats provide carbohydrates, fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. They are slow to digest keeping you full for longer.
9. PINEAPPLE. It is a great source of a protein-digesting enzyme called bromelein. It also reduces muscle inflammation.
10. SPINACH. The phytoecdysteroids contained in spinach may increase muscle growth up to 20 percent. Nevertheless, you’d need to eat two pounds of spinach per day to see those kind of benefits. So, even though you can’t eat that much, try using it as much as you can in salads, smoothies, stir fries and more.
11. SWEET POTATO. Carbohydrates are an essential nutrient for your body, and they also help you add muscle. Sweet potatoes help to replenish energy stores and fuel the muscle-building process. Additionally, they’re packed with vitamins and minerals to help you maintain normal blood sugar levels.
12. WILD SALMON. Wild salmon is a powerful source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It will aid your lean-muscle dreams, and studies show it may also help speed up your metabolism for faster results.
13. WHEY PROTEIN. It is a fast-absorbing protein that’s best served post-workout. It contains amino acids which are critical to building and maintaining muscle. More over, it has a high biological value — a measure of the efficiency with which protein can be absorbed and used by the body for tissue growth.
14. BROCCOLI. Broccoli and other fibrous vegetables like asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, sweet corn, peppers, onions and leeks are great post-workout foods. You should aim to eat five to seven servings of fruits and vegetables every day, and you can’t find a better source of vitamins, minerals and fiber than these. A piece of advice, do not overcook your vegetables, because you’ll decrease their vitamin and mineral content.
15. WILD RICE. Wild rice does have 3 grams of fibre and 7 grams of protein in one cooked cup. So instead of white or brown rice, try this in your lunches and dinners.
16. COTTAGE CHEESE. It’s one of the best muscle-building foods you’ll find. Just one cup of cottage cheese contains 28 grams of protein. And it is made up of a combination of fast- and slow-digesting proteins, so you can stave off hunger for longer.
17. CHOCOLATE MILK. It seems too good to be true, but chocolate milk can actually help you build more muscle. Chocolate milk has shown to be just as effective as sports drinks at increasing total exercise output and delaying exhaustion. (See the entrance: Chocolate!)
18. BUFFALO / VENISON. If you get to find them, venison and buffalo are two lean sources of protein that are loaded with B vitamins, iron, phosphorus, selenium, zinc and copper.
19. LENTILS AND CHICKPEAS. These vegetarian- and vegan-friendly foods offer the protein your muscles need, without the high-impact carbohydrate rush that affects your insulin levels.
20. ALMONDS. Almonds provide an amazing source of protein and fat, but it’s their vitamin E that’s most beneficial to your muscles. The powerful antioxidant fights free radicals and helps you recover more quickly from your workouts. (See the entrance: How to burn fat eating fat!)
21. AVOCADO. It is another vegetarian enormous source of protein besides its great vitamins content. (See the entrance: Avodado Benefits)
22. MUSHROOMS. Another source of protein that will fill you up and will give you the energy to work out longer. (See the entrance: A Protein Bomb: Portobello Sandwich)
I am Love … I am Success!
The book I am Love … I am Success helps you to develop the will power and enthusiasm needed to take care of and work for yourself.