5 Foods that Increase our
According to Harvard Medical School, if we want to increase our Brain Power, we must follow a healthy dietary pattern that includes lots of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. Get protein from plant sources and fish, and choose healthy fats such as olive oil or canola.
Research shows that the best brain foods are the same ones that protect our heart and blood vessels, including the following:
1. GREEN VEGIES. Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collards, broccoli, lettuce, are rich in nutrients like Vitamin K, Lutein, Folate, and Beta Carotene which help slow cognitive decline.
2. FATTY FISH. Tuna, salmon, mackerel, trout are abundant sources of Omega -3 fatty acids which have been linked to lower blood levels of beta-amyloid – the protein forming damaging clumps in people’s brain with Alzheimer’s disease.
3. BERRIES. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, blackberries are rich in Flavonoids, the natural plant pigment that gives them their bright colours, also help improve memory.
4. TEA & COFFEE offer more than just a short-term concentration boost. In a recent study, subjects with higher caffeine consumption scored better on tests of mental function.
5. WALNUTS. Nuts, in general, are excellent sources of protein and healthy fats: and walnuts, in particular, might also improve memory.
All these nutrients (omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and antioxidants) are known to support brain health. Incorporating these foods in our daily diet can improve the health of our brain, which could translate into better mental function.
Source: Harvard Medical School, HEALTHbeat; Foods linked to better brainpower; 2019
I am Love … I am Success!
Remember that loving ourselves means taking care, pampering and enjoying our health and our bodies; looking good and feeling good to please ourselves in the very first place and then to please others. The book I am Love … I am Success takes you through the path of love for ourselves!