Collagen is best known for its anti-ageing properties. But it has some other benefits that help improve our health as well. It is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen is available in muscles, skin, blood, bones, cartilage and ligaments. So, you may want to consider squeezing in an extra serving of this vital protein since collagen is a building block that:
1. Promotes skin elasticity
2. Holds together our bones and muscles
3. Protects our bodies’ vital organs
4. Provides structure to joints and tendons
The good news is that your body produces collagen on a regular basis. But, it does slow down with age. So we have to find collagen sources to enjoy its benefits for longer.
Among some of its benefits:
1. Collagen may ease joint pain. Cartilage weakens and deteriorates with age and collagen helps to fortify joint cartilage.
2. It helps to reverse skin ageing.
3. It helps build muscle and burn fat.
4. It may reduce cellulite.
5. It improves digestive tract health.
6. It has anti-inflammatory properties
MAIN COLLAGEN SOURCES
1. The main collagen source we can easily find is GELATINE (GRENETINE). Gelatine can be made out of bovine or porcine collagen, fish collagen or chicken collagen.
2. Bovine Collagen. Bovine bone broth is an excellent collagen source. You can add it to soups and stews.
3. Fish Collagen is the best because it is better absorbed by the organism. Use the whole fish skeleton to make a nutritious broth filled with collagen.
4. Chicken Collagen can help to reduce arthritis symptoms, helps to calm back pain, can regenerate bones, and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Chicken breast cartilage broth is another marvellous collagen source.
5. Pork Collagen is available in skin and bones.
6. Egg Collagen. Whole eggs are an amazing collagen source.
Having some bone broth (fish, chicken, pork or beef) once in a while will provide the collagen our body needs. Just add some bones to your regular broth.
FOODS THAT PROMOTE COLLAGEN PRODUCTION
1. Citruses. Vitamin C prevents collagen degeneration and stimulates its production.
2. Foods that are rich in sulphur like garlic, onions, shallots, leeks, broccoli and brussels sprouts.
3. Egg White.
4. Carrots: Vitamin A
5. Fresh greens.
6. Green bell peppers.
7. Foods that are rich in copper like sesame seeds, lentils and cocoa powder.
So, we have seen some delicious ideas to help our bodies with collagen production to stay strong and healthy, and above all, to remain beautiful and youthful.
I am Love … I am Success!
Remember that loving ourselves means taking care, pampering and enjoying our health and our bodies; looking good and feeling good to please ourselves in the very first place and then to please others. The book I am Love … I am Success takes you through the path of love for ourselves!