MORE ABOUT INFLAMMATION
Here are some foods that can raise your levels of inflammation:
1. Sugar, fructose and high-fructose, corn syrup, sugary drinks – sodas – desserts, candy. Besides causing inflammation they also:
* Increase insulin resistance
* Increase uric acid levels
* Injures blood vessels
* Contain lots of calories, leading to weight gain.
2. Trans Fats: These fats are found in many processed and deep-fried foods. Trans Fats:
* Lower your “good” cholesterol (HDL)
* Increase your “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and
* Damage blood vessels.
3. Vegetable and Seed Oils: Oils with high amounts of omega-6 fat, such as corn, soy, sunflower, safflower, canola and peanut, can be healthy in small amounts. But most people use too much, which throws off the balance of omega-6 to omega-3 fats (fatty fish, flax), leading to inflammation.
4. Margarine, shortening, and lard.
5. Refined Carbs: White bread, pastries, rice, pasta, chips and snack foods have a tendency to:
* Raise blood glucose
* Contribute to weight gain, and
* Inflame your gut.
6. Red Meat and Processed Meats: Sausage, bacon, ham, smoked meats and beef jerky form harmful substances in protein and fat called AGEs (advanced glycation end-products).
These are formed by high-temperature cooking as the meat is processed and contribute to inflammation in every cell in the body, leading to detrimental health effects like heart disease and, in particular, colon cancer.
7. Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption causes bad bacteria to move out of the digestive tract into other parts of the body, leading to increased inflammation.
While one or two standard-size drinks (5 ounces of wine, 12 ounces of beer or 1.5 ounces of hard liquor) per day have been shown to have some health benefits, too much alcohol is harmful.
Try to avoid or limit these foods that inflame as much as possible and go for this instead:
I am Love … I am Success!
REMEMBER: TO LOVE YOURSELF MEANS always TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!