Coffee: Delicious and Actually Healthy!!!
There are very different opinions about coffee. Some health experts and doctors consider it to be harmful to our health, but on the other hand, some consider it to be extremely beneficial.
However, science has proven that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of acquiring several serious diseases.
It is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that make coffee actually very healthy.
These are some coffee benefits that have been confirmed by real scientific studies:
1. Coffee improves energy levels and makes you smarter. Caffeine is absorbed into the bloodstream and travels into the brain where it blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. This action increases the amount of other neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine and dopamine, leading neurons to boost.
As a consequence, coffee improves various brain functions such as memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction and general cognitive function.
2. Coffee helps you burn fat improving physical performance. Caffeine is one of the very few natural substances that have actually been proven to aid fat burning because it boosts the metabolic rate.
Caffeine stimulates the nervous system sending signals to fat cells to break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel. It also increases Epinephrine (Adrenaline) levels making our bodies ready for physical exertion.
3. Essential nutrients are contained in Coffee, including:
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
Manganese and Potassium
Magnesium and Niacin (Vitamin B3)
4. Coffee diminishes the risk of Type II Diabetes. According to data from 18 studies with a total of 457,922 individuals, coffee drinkers have a lower risk of getting this disease.
5. Coffee prevents Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia and Parkinson’s. Studies show that coffee drinkers have up to 65% less risk of getting these diseases.
Parkinson’s is caused by the death of dopamine-generating neurons in the brain and caffeine increases dopamine generation.
6. Coffee fights depression and makes you happier.
7. Coffee protects the liver from getting cirrhosis.
8. Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of both, Liver Cancer and Colorectal Cancer.
9. People who drink coffee have a reduced risk of heart disease and stroke.
10. Studies show that coffee drinkers live longer.
11. Coffee has an enormous amount of Antioxidants.
Something else, scientific proof is not needed since we all have felt this more than once, coffee stimulates the digestive system making us regular, which as a consequence help us lose weight.
Well then, let’s start including coffee in our daily diets and enjoy its delicious flavour and all its benefits!
Again, I repeat, always in moderation! MODERATION is the rule!
The ideal amount is 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day.
1 cup = 250 ml = 8 fluid ounces
I am Love … I am Success!
Find more information about neurotransmitters in the book:
I am Love … I am Success!